Definitions and interpretation
||I, me or my;
||collectively all information that you submit to me via the Website. I process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679;
||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below titled Cookies;
|UK and EU Cookie Law
||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
|User or you
||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by me and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to me and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
||the website that you are currently using, theodorebigby.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- I may collect the following Data, which could include personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone number(s);
- Google Analytics anonymised data.
My use of Data
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Theodore Bigby is the “data controller”.
- I will retain any Data you submit for a reasonable ammount of time as is required to provide you with goods and services.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below called Security.
- Some or all of the above Data may be required by me from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using my Website. Specifically, I may use Data for the following reasons:
- the provision of services
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of my products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
- I may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of this Website. The providers of such services may have limited access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- I may also disclose anonymised Data to a prospective purchaser of my business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, I will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected, including requiring such party to enter into a non-disclocure agreement.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by me.
- To access the personal data I hold about you, please make a subject access request to email@example.com
- Data security is of great importance to me and to protect your Data I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- I endeavour to do my best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. I cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law(s).
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
||They allow me to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my website when they are using it. This helps me to improve the way my website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
||These cookies record your visit to my website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. I will use this information to make my website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. I may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently, including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which I collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur when I use email marketing providers located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
- In compliance with the GDPR and its provisions, any countries to which data is transferred will have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA. You expressly agree to such transfers of Data.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org